I think the main things I will take away from this class are how to use the GAME plan with students and using digital storytelling. I think that by starting to work on the GAME plan with my 2nd graders, it will help them be able to use this method with any goal they may have in the future. I know that this is something that they can build on and it will be beneficial to them. Digital storytelling is something that I am VERY excited to use in my classroom next year. I was never aware of all the different ways that digital storytelling can be used in the classroom. I think that this is something that the students will not only enjoy, but it is something that they will be able to share with their parents at home. They will be able to use these stories to share information with their classmates and teach things to each other. I have found that at times, the students do a better job of explaining a topic to each other than I can. I think that creating these digital stories for different topics will be a way to provide help to my struggling students.
An immediate adjustment I will make to my instructional practice will be to incorporate digital storytelling. I plan to create some of my own over my summer break in order to be able to share them with my students when school starts. I think that by introducing them early on in the year, my students will be able to create them on their own without much assistance after Christmas break. Maybe even before. I am excited about all the different uses for digital storytelling and I can't wait to share the different ideas I have learned with my 2nd grade team.
References:
Cennamo, K., Ross, J. & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology Integration for Meaningful Classroom Use: A Standards-Based Approach. (Laureate Education, Inc., Custom ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.
ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education) (2008). TheISTE National Educational Technology Standards (NETS-T) andPErformance Indicatiors for TEachers. retrieved fromhttp://www.iste.o-Trg/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/2008Standards/NETS_T_Standards_Final.pdf
No comments:
Post a Comment